Monday, October 19, 2009

Quick GSA Update

Starting a slightly cloudy day in Portland with volcanology talks and the Geology in Government Mentors lunch - because what grad student will pass up a free lunch? (Or free anything, given what this trip is going to end up costing...) Yesterday was all short course for me - "When Worlds Collide", where the subject of interest was communication between emergency management officials and scientists. Since I'd eventually like to do work monitoring volcanoes, this was a really useful and insightful course for me - more on that later. Off to numerous receptions this evening, including the geobloggers meetup!

(I've been having the really cool experience of being recognized for my blogging by folks at the meeting. Me a minor celebrity? Wow!)

Hopefully more updates later today, unless I'm totally tired out by talks & receptions.

No comments: